The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile, What it is, what it can do for you, and how to get one for your Honeygo business.
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh wants you to be prepared in case of disaster. Did you know 50% of businesses never reopen following a disaster? Preparation is key to making it through any size disaster whether it is a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood. Having a plan in place may help minimize the amount of time your Rosedale business is inactive and get you back in the building following a disaster.
Advantages of the SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile (ERP)
- A no cost assessment of your facility
- A concise profile document containing only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency
- Add new contact fields to suit your needs, such as appliance repairman for a restaurant commercial kitchen, or equipment repairman for a fitness club
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster
- establishes your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information
- Provides the user information as to where trucks should park, where building access is to places, like the roof.
THE ERP PROCESS
- Contact SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh 410-529-1664
- Arrange a meeting to take pictures and go over preferred contacts (25-60 minutes)
- For a shorter consultation, have key contacts for alarm, HVAC, plumber, electrician, and elevator repairman ready.
- Review and approve information
- Information is emailed to you to make sure everything is correct and to make adjustments.
- Receive hard copy of ERP, as well as a digital copy, and an app.
- Expect a follow up every few months to make sure the information has not changed.
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh wants all businesses in Perry Hall, Honeygo, White Marsh, overlea and Fullerton to be prepared for disaster, we see first hand the hardship a disaster can cause a business. While you can’t prevent every disaster, you can be prepared for one, and we are here to help!
About SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh is a locally owned and operated SERVPRO Franchise. We have been serving the Perry Hall/White Marsh community since September of 2001. We have an average 4.5 rating on Google, and 4.9 on Facebook, and we are accepted by all insurance companies! Experiencing a water or fire damage to your commercial property? Give us a call at 410-529-1664!
What you need to have in your home before a winter storm strikes Perry Hall White Marsh.
Baltimore County Maryland experiences a major winter storm about once every 2-3 years. Make sure your family is ready for a winter storm to strike. Here is a list of items from the Center of Disease Control (https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/winter/beforestorm/supplylists.html)
- Make sure you have at least one of the following in case there is a power failure:
- Cell phone, portable charger, and extra batteries.
- Battery-powered radio, with extra batteries, for listening to local emergency instructions
- Drinking water (individually bottled, or gallon jugs)
- Canned/no-cook food (bread, crackers, dried fruits)
- Non-electric can opener
- Baby food and formula (if baby in the household)
- Prescription drugs and other medicine
- First-aid kit
- Product that melts ice on walkways
- Supply of cat litter or bag of sand to add traction on walkways
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Battery-powered lamps or lanterns
(To prevent the risk of fire, avoid using candles.)
- Use battery-powered flashlights or lanterns
- Never use charcoal grills or portable gas camp stoves indoors. The fumes are deadly.
- Avoid using candles as these can lead to house fires.
- If you do use candles, never leave lit candles alone.
- Turning on the stove for heat is not safe; have at least one of the following heat sources in case the power goes out:
- Extra blankets, sleeping bags, and warm winter coats
- Fireplace that is up to code with plenty of dry firewood or a gas log fireplace
- Portable space heaters or kerosene heaters
- Check with your local fire department to make sure that kerosene heaters are legal in your area.
- Use electric space heaters with automatic shut-off switches and non-glowing elements.
- Never place a space heater on top of furniture or near water.
- Never leave children unattended near a space heater.
- Keep heat sources at least 3 feet away from furniture and drapes.
- Have the following safety equipment:
- Chemical fire extinguisher
- Smoke alarm in working order (Check prior to winter storm season and change batteries, if needed.)
- Carbon monoxide detector (Check prior to winter storm season and change batteries, if needed.)
- Generators should be located at least 20 feet from any window, door or vent and in a space where they rain or snow will not reach them.
- Never use an electric generator indoors, inside the garage, or near the air intake of your home because of the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Do not use the generator or appliances if they are wet.
- Do not store gasoline indoors where the fumes could ignite.
- Use individual heavy-duty, outdoor-rated cords to plug in other appliances.
7 explanations for a water damage to occur in your White Marsh, MD business!
A business can have a flood at any time, especially in White Marsh, Maryland (I mean, Marsh is IN the name!). Although water damage most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to water intrusion because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level – this is also where businesses that typically store important documents and inventory. There are several reasons why your Rosedale business could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface Fire to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Fire supply-line break or hot-Fire tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about business Flooding?
Call Today - 410-529-1664
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your business's structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get. Not only that but the damage to inventory and important documents could be dramatic and irreversible.
The bottom line: a flooded business can jeopardize your health, safety, and your business’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh are Flooded Business Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Business Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 410-529-1664
Fire alarms: How many do you need and where should they be located in your Parkville, Maryland home?
Smoke alarms are an essential safety feature that every home must have! But how many and how often should you change the batteries?
The number of Fire alarms depends on how many rooms in your home
In homes, smoke alarms should be in every room, bedroom, outside every bedroom, and on every level - including the basement. If there is a fire in any room, you want to know it and you want to be able to wake everyone up in the house if necessary!
Here is a guide on exactly where to install them:
Test smoke alarms monthly with the test button.
Test the button, if the battery chirps signaling a low battery, change batteries immediately and test it again. if you have smoke alarms with non-replaceable batteries, you will need the entire alarm changed every 10 years, and the unit replaced every 10 years. You will still need to test these monthly.
Never disable or remove the battery from an alarm. Almost half of fires where smoke alarms were present but did not activate had missing or disconnected batteries.
Need a smoke alarm but can’t do it yourself?
If you need help installing, testing or changing batteries in smoke alarms, contact a friend, family member or your local fire department, an electrician, or the American Red Cross. The American Red Cross has volunteers who will come install your smoke alarm for you! https://www.redcross.org/local/maryland-delaware/about-us.html
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh responds to countless fire and smoke damage calls every year, and we firmly believe that you can never be too prepared for an emergency. Follow our blog for more tips on how to prepare and protect your home for any disaster!
If you have recently experienced a fire damage, please give us a call at 410-529-1664. We are a locally owned, nationally recognized fire and water restoration company with a 4.8 average rating across Yelp, Google, and Facebook!
3 Essential steps to preventing winter weather damage in Rosedale, Maryland.
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh responds to over 60 frozen pipe calls a year! Cold weather is one of the leading causes of storm damage property claims in Rosedale, Maryland. To prevent costly damage due to freezing temperatures, take the following precautions to protect your property. We recommend doing them before winter weather hits… but if its cold outside and you’re concerned, bundle up and get to work!
Protect your cars, sheds, and roofs from Trees
Check your property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather such as heavy rain, wind, ice and snow can cause branches to fall which could cause damage to property and potentially cause personal injuries!
Clear gutters and drains
Roof, water pipes, and gutters should all be inspected to ensure they are in proper order. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from your building. Clear gutters of debris that may have gathered during the fall; leaves and other obstructions can lead to ice damming which can lead to roof damage and interior water problems.
Prevent indoor and outdoor water pipes from freezing!
Protect water pipes from freezing by simply allowing water to drip when temperatures dip below freezing. If pipes are under a cabinet, leave the cabinet doors open allowing warm air inside to circulate. If the building has outside faucet, turn the valve off, open the outdoor faucet until its completely drained!
Sewage backup during a storm: what to do and how to be safe.
A sewer backing up, or contaminated water backing out of your tub, sink or toilet can be an absolute nightmare for Nottingham homeowners. Sewer backups happen frequently during storms because the sewer system is overwhelmed causing it to "back-up" through your toilet or drains.
The truth is you can’t (and shouldn’t) do very much; sewage contaminated water is dangerous to your health and should be avoided at all costs. If you have water backing up out of toilet, sink or bathtub in your Nottingham home, then follow these steps and call SERVPRO of Perry Hall White Marsh
Your Game Plan
- Stay out of the area/avoid cross contamination
- Determine the source
- Arrange repair and cleanup services with SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh or your local SERVPRO/Water restoration company
- Call your Insurance Company
Keep Children and Pets away from sewer-water affected areas
Keep children and pets away the moment the sewer water is discovered, until the clean-up crew and sanitation is complete. Sewage is considered Category 3 water,more commonly known as black water. Category 3 water or Black water is defined by the IICRC as “the worst classification and is grossly unsanitary. It could cause severe illness or death if ingested” Keep children and pets away at all times and if you yourself must go in the area, wash your hands thoroughly and avoid touching cuts, eyes, mouth or ears with your hands or any item that came in contact with the black water.
Risks of Sewage back up debris
Category 3 water/Raw sewage contains diseases such as Hepatitis, Salmonella, E.Coli and Parasites just to name a few, would you risk cleaning this yourself without proper training or the tools and chemicals to do it correctly? These diseases survive weeks even months if not properly killed. Doing it yourself, or hiring the wrong professional puts you, your family, pets and house guests at a great risk. Call SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh to schedule emergency Service to have the job taken care of like it never even happened.
Determine whether the waste is local (as in, from your own home) or from the sewer system also known as “backflow”
IF you are able to do some inspecting, then determine the source by the amount and the flow rate. Determine the source of the sewage backup – if entering the area seems like it would be dangerous to your health (no proper protective equipment) then just skip on down to arrange services. A local waste product would be from a blockage, tree roots affecting plumbing lines or broken or collapsed lines on your property, this waste would be from your own home but is still considered a category 3. Backflow is when the sewer system in your neighborhood or municipality is overwhelmed, and it reverses in your pipes, causing it to erupt from toilets, sinks and tubs. This can happen from heavy rain-flow overwhelming your municipality’s sewer system, causing it to backflow into your home.
Arrange Services with SERVPRO of Perry Hall White Marsh
Call an Emergency Restoration company such as SERVPRO of Perry Hall White Marsh as we are IICRC Certified and specialize in cleaning up hazardous waste. Most contractors and plumbers do not have the capability to clean up the site after the repairs have been made and may not be approved by your insurance company if you choose to claim the loss.
SERVPRO also has a 1-4-8 policy, which means
- 1 hour from notice of loss - (When you call), a SERVPRO professional will contact you to arrange services.
- 4 hours of calling - a SERVPRO professional will be onside to start mitigating services (or your earliest convenience).
- 8 business hour- a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to your adjuster by a SERVPRO Professional.
Why call SERVPRO? If any SERVPRO believes they are incapable of responding within this time frame, they will refer you to a different SERVPRO so you are not left waiting!
Call your insurance company
Ask your agent if this is a covered loss, and what your deductible will be. This can be done before or after calling SERVPRO of Perry Hall White Marsh as we accept all insurance plans and you can also pay yourself – whether you are covered or not.
If you are not covered, not a problem, we will begin services after a deposit has been made and the rest will be due upon completion. Please call for deposit details!
Having a sewage back-up can stink up your day but no sewage backup is too small or too big for SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh.
Give us a call at 410-529-1664
What is category 2 water and what to do to protect your items until SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh arrives!
Water damages are categorized by the quality of the water source.
Clean water: Clean water is water from a broken pipe, water from a hot water heater, or sink. In the water damage world, this is called Category 1 water.
Category 1 water can quickly become category 2, Grey water, if it sits for longer than 24 hours.
Here is a list of precautions to take to protect your personal belongings from a clean source water damage until help arrives.
- Shut off the water source if possible or contact a qualified professional to do so.
- Turn off the circuit breakers for wet areas of the building if access to the power distribution panel is safe from potential electric shock
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions to allow a more even drying.
- move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other valuable items that may be sensitive to moisture to a safe place
- Do not leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet as they may cause staining
- Do not use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water as there is potential for electrical shock or causing damage to the vacuum cleaner
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet; do not enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
When you have a water damage, don't leave your property to chance. Call SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh. We are certified in Water damage, biohazard clean up and mold remediation. We are accepted by all insurance companies, and have a 4.6 star review average across Google, Facebook and Yelp! Call 410-529-1664 for more details.
Parkville Storm damage clean up: What to do before SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh arrives!
So now that you’ve called SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh, what do you do next?
Check into your coverage
Ask your agent if this is a covered loss, and what your deductible will be. This can be done before or after calling SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh as we accept all insurance plans and you can also pay yourself – whether you are covered or not, this will not affect your ability to receive service.
While crews are working, Keep children and pets out of affected area, and do not adjust or turn off the placed equipment.
Once the services have been arranged, and the SERVPRO crew is at work, do your best to keep all equipment running, keep children and pets out of the area as well as pets and do not be afraid to ask questions. Equipment quantity and placement is calculated based on the size of the room and the humidity (inside and out), We know its loud but trust the science of Pyschrometrics
When the work is done
First off, pat yourself on the back for making it through this turbulent time! When the services are complete, SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh will arrange to have your walls and flooring replaced and then it will be like it never even happened.
About SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh
SERVPRO of Perry Hall white marsh is an independently owned and operated SERVPRO Franchise. We have been in the perry hall community for 18 years and have a 4.6 star review average. We are accepted by all insurance companies and we are here to make your storm damage like it never even happened!
Here are 6 Proactive steps to prevent flood damage at your Nottingham, MD, business!
Here are the top things to do to prepare your business from flood damage before the storm strikes
BEFORE THE FLOOD
- Have a qualified professional elevate the furnace, water heater, electric panel if susceptible to flooding.
- Install Check valves in sewer traps to prevent flood water from backing up into the drains of your business.
- Seal walls in basements with waterproofing compounds to avoid Seepage.
- Arrange to have a free Emergency Ready profile made for your business in advance so if the flood does happen, then you will be able to manage the restoration process remotely.
- Make sure you have flood insurance; flood insurance takes 30 days to get into effect so it is imperative that you have it long before you need it.
- Document your business. Take quality pictures of vehicles, computers, inventory and office set up. You'll be glad you have this later.
ABOUT SERVPRO OF PERRY HALL/WHITE MARSH
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/ White Marsh are the flood clean up experts in the Baltimore Metro area. IF a flood strikes your business, give SERVPRO of Perry Hall/ White Marsh a call, even minor floods have the potential to cause major damage to a structure when not treated quickly and properly and the clean-up is often and overwhelming task. The SERVPRO team at SERVPRO of Perry Hall/ White Marsh is prepared to handle any size disaster and help make it like it never even happened.
What to do when your Honeygo business floods - Honeygo MD, USA
What to do while your business floods in Honeygo MD, USA.
During the flood:
- If it is safe to do so, turn off utilities at the main switches, or valves if instructed to do so, and disconnect electrical appliances
- Do not touch electrical equipment if you are wet or standing in water
- Do not walk through moving water. Even six inches of moving water can make you fall.
After the Flood
- Listen for news reports to learn if the communities water supply is safe to drink
- Avoid floodwaters. Water may be contaminated by oil, gasoline, or raw sewage. Water may also be electrically charged.
- Stay out of any building if it is surrounded by flood waters
- return to the business only when authorities indicate it is safe
ABOUT SERVPRO OF PERRY HALL/WHITE MARSH
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/ White Marsh are the flood clean up experts in the Baltimore Metro area. IF a flood strikes your business, give SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh a call, even minor floods have the potential to cause major damage to a structure when not treated quickly and properly and the clean-up is often and overwhelming task. The SERVPRO team at SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh is prepared to handle any size disaster and help make it "Like it never even happened."