Cooking fire Statistics you ought to know Parkville MD
Cooking fires are very common and often times fatal. We’ve all been in the position of feeling like we’ve lost control of the stove for most of us it doesn’t get to serious but it causes 1/3 of all structure fires in the United States. Here are some cooking fire statistics to consider.
- Cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and home fire injuries.**
- Home fires are more likely to start in the kitchen than any other room in your home.***
- Unattended cooking causes nearly 90 percent of all kitchen fires.**
- Cooking was the cause of 36% of all structure fires in 2002.**
- The number of home fires the American Red Cross has responded to has risen 10% since 2000.*
- Every two and a half hours someone is killed in a home fire. In a typical year, 20,000 people are injured in home fires.**
- Having a working smoke alarm reduces one’s chances of dying in a fire by nearly half.**
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? CALL US AT 410-529-1664
Reference and more reading
About SERVPRO of Perry Hall White Marsh
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.