Here are 6 Proactive steps to prevent flood damage at your Nottingham, MD, business!
Here are the top things to do to prepare your business from flood damage before the storm strikes
BEFORE THE FLOOD
- Have a qualified professional elevate the furnace, water heater, electric panel if susceptible to flooding.
- Install Check valves in sewer traps to prevent flood water from backing up into the drains of your business.
- Seal walls in basements with waterproofing compounds to avoid Seepage.
- Arrange to have a free Emergency Ready profile made for your business in advance so if the flood does happen, then you will be able to manage the restoration process remotely.
- Make sure you have flood insurance; flood insurance takes 30 days to get into effect so it is imperative that you have it long before you need it.
- Document your business. Take quality pictures of vehicles, computers, inventory and office set up. You'll be glad you have this later.
ABOUT SERVPRO OF PERRY HALL/WHITE MARSH
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/ White Marsh are the flood clean up experts in the Baltimore Metro area. IF a flood strikes your business, give SERVPRO of Perry Hall/ White Marsh a call, even minor floods have the potential to cause major damage to a structure when not treated quickly and properly and the clean-up is often and overwhelming task. The SERVPRO team at SERVPRO of Perry Hall/ White Marsh is prepared to handle any size disaster and help make it like it never even happened.