If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (410) 529-1664

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

7 steps to prevent a fire damage in your kitchen – Perry Hall, Maryland, USA.

6/17/2019 (Permalink)

7 steps to prevent a fire damage in your kitchen – Perry Hall, Marylan, USA.

  1. Stay in the kitchen – Fires happen when cooking is left unattended. If you have to leave the kitchen, turnoff the stove, and take pots and pans off the heat. This is especially important if you are broiling – remove food from the oven and turn off the broiler.
  2. Watch your clothing- Long sleeves that can get caught or catch onto things can catch fire. Instead wear short or close-fitting sleeves, and keep shirts tucked in or tied back with a well fitted apron.
  3. Beware of items around stovetop – move flammable items away from your stovetop before you begin cooking. Keep oven mitts, kitchen towels and appliance cords away from burners.
  4. Keep fire extinguisher in kitchen – keep a fire extinguisher nearby to put out any potential fire. Make sure the extinguisher is up to date and hasn’t expired.
  5. Learn your fire extinguisher – Read and get to know your fire extinguisher, practice operating it using expired fire extinguishers outside.
  6. Never throw hot grease in garbage can – hot grease can cause the contents of the trashcan to catch fire. Always pour hot grease into a heat safe container with a aluminum foil underneath to catch drips!
  7. Extinguish candles – candles themselves are a leading cause of fires in homes. Keep candles extinguished while cooking and if you do decide to use a candle in the kitchen, opt for short wide candles that are hard to tip over and keep the wick trimmed!

About SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh

SERVPRO of Perry Hall White Marsh is a fire water damage restoration franchise and is accepted by all insurance companies. If your home is affected by a kitchen fire damage, please call SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh 410-529-1664. 

Other News

View Recent Posts