If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (410) 529-1664

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Three safety tips to follow while using your residential generator in Rossville Maryland

4/25/2018 (Permalink)

If you have a generator on hand for power outages during severe weather, follow the safety tips below (from the American Red Cross). Never use a generator, grill, camp stove, or other gasoline, propane, natural gas or charcoal burning device INSIDE a home, basement, garage, crawlspace or even partially enclosed area.

  1. To avoid electrocution, keep the generator dry and do not use in rain or wet conditions. Operate it on a dry surface under an open canopy-like structure such as under a tarp held up by poles. Do not touch the generator with wet hands.
  2. Opening doors and windows or fans will not prevent Carbon monoxide build up in the home. Although Carbon monoxide can’t be smelled, it can rapidly build up and lead to full incapacitation and death. Even if you cannot smell exhaust fumes, you may still be exposed. IF you start to feel dizzy, week, sick while using a generator, get to fresh air IMMEDIATELY
  3. Install Carbon monoxide alarms in central locations on every level of your home or property and outside of sleeping areas to provide early warning of accumulating carbon monoxide.

Storm or Water Damage from a power outage? Call SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh 410-529-1664

When storms hit Rosedale Maryland, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We are accepted by all insurance companies and are certified in Water restoration, mold remediation, Applied Structural Drying, and more from the IICRC. 

Other News

View Recent Posts