7 things to do to prepare for a Major blizzard event in White Marsh Maryland
White Marsh has experienced major blizzard (hello Snow-maggeden) damage in recent years. Here are some tips we recommend to keep yourself safe during a winter storm event.
- Buy non-perishable food and build an emergency kit; supplement with winter gear such as gloves, scarves, blankets, pocket warmers.
- Remove dead or rotting trees and branches that could fall and cause injury or damage during a severe blizzard.
- Stay indoors if blistering wind, and artic temps are affecting your area. Keep pets inside as well until the blizzard has passed.
- Secure objects that could blow away or cause damage (trash cans, toys)
- Keep salt and kitty litter near your door so you can create safe walkways. Remember salt stops working at 10 degrees.
- Keep your home warm by blocking drafty windows, and make sure your fire place is cleaned and inspected every year in case you need to build a fire for heat.