9 ways a sump pump can fail and flood your Loch Raven Maryland home
9 ways a Sump pump can fail and flood your Loch Raven Maryland home
A ‘sump pump’ is ‘a pump used to remove water that has accumulated in a water collecting sump basin, commonly found in the basement of homes’. For the most part, sump pumps are relatively ‘unnecessary’, but when an emergency arises, you’ll be grateful you had it. A sump pump can easily avoid the crisis of having a flooded basement by draining all excess water back outside. However, when it fails, it’ll cost you a basement and thousands of dollars in water damage.
How does a sump pump fail?
- improper Installation or the size of the pump is too small.
- Power Failure
- Problems With The Switch (stuck from debris)
- The Discharge Lines Are Frozen Or Clogged
- Age (to prevent, replace every 7-10 years)
- There Is no Air relief hole in discharge Line
- Gravel or Dirt is interfering with the sump pumps switch and float arm.
- Lack of Maintenance
- Defective Product
About SERVPRO of of Perry Hall/White Marsh
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.