Water Damage from Busted or leaking pipes Statistics: From SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh
Water Damage from Busted or leaking pipes Statistics:
Water damage from busted or leaking pipes is very common and can cause a lot of damage if gone unnoticed. Here are 5 surprising statistics to consider when buying homeowners insurance coverage.
Busted or leaking pipes
- Broken water pipes rank second only to hurricanes in terms of both frequency and severity in regards to annual claims resulting from water damage.
- According to the EPA, 13.7% of all water used in the home today can be attributed to plumbing leaks.
- 250 gallons of water that can leak from a 1/8-inch pipe crack in a day.
- 1,000,000,000,000 Water leaks from U.S. homes can exceed 1 trillion gallons in a year. That’s equal to the annual water use of Los Angeles, Chicago, and Miami combined
- 10% of homes in the U.S. have leaks that waste at least 90 gallons of water per day.
The cost of cleaning up busted or broken pipe damage can vary but the best way to reduce cost is to call your local SERVPRO immediately. Time will save you money (link to timeline of water damage). Rest assured all SERVPRO billing is scrutinized and pre-approved by your home owners insurance; and if the loss is not filed through insurance we use a program called Xactimate. Xactimate generates pricing based on the local averages. This program is only used by industry certified, insurance approved Restoration Company, so our prices are the same if not less than our competition due to our ability to minimize water damage impact on the home.
About SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.