How to investigate your Rosedale home for Mold
If you suspect mold, follow these steps to evaluate your mold problem. Please practice caution; wear personal protective equipment such as gloves, organic face mask and protective glasses. If you discover mold turn off the HVAC system immediately to prevent mold from spreading throughout the home.
Investigate and evaluate moisture and mold problems
- Assess size of moldy area (square feet) –this is the first question all mold removal companies should ask for. If its more than 3x3 you have a more serious problem and it will require an environmental hygeniest to do testing.
- Consider the possibility of hidden mold – there are hundreds of types of mold that only grow behind walls, wallpaper, under carpets, in air duct systems and such.
- Clean up small mold problems and fix moisture problems before they become large problems
- Select remediation manager for medium or large size mold problem – the SERVPRO of Perry Hall White Marsh has a very thorough process to reduce the chances of the mold reoccurring.
- Investigate areas associated with occupant complaints
- Identify source(s) or cause of water or moisture problem(s)
- Note type of water-damaged materials (wallboard, carpet, etc.) – again some types of mold can only grow here and not on other fibers. Do not disturb it, if not handled properly it could spread to other areas of the home.
- Check inside air ducts and air handling unit
- If you feel the mold is too much to handle or are
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 410-529-1664