Reasons how mold got into your White Marsh basement
While mold occurs naturally in the outdoors, it needs excessive moisture to survive indoors. That’s why mold is problem when there is a water damage, high levels of humidity or dampness. Here is a guide on where to find sources of moisture-causing mold.
Common Source of excessive mold-causing moisture:
- Flooding from storms coming from outside
- Sump pump overflow
- Roof leaks from damaged roofs, ice dams or blocked gutters
- Rain from storms through window frames, exterior walls, or doors
- Leaking pipes
- sewer back-ups or overflows
- Damp basements due to high water table or badly managed water drainage
- Condensation on cold surfaces
Then mold needs these 3 main factors to thrive and survive!
- High Relative humidity
- Warm or temperate temperature
- Poor ventilation
Mold is easier to prevent than it is to clean so keeping a watch on common sources of mold and maintaining a dry, ventilated home and drying homes from water damage within 24 hours of the incidence is the best way to prevent mold from happening in the first place. If you have a mold problem and you would like information about how to get it professionally cleaned, please call us and we will direct you on where to get your mold tested.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 410-529-1664