Heating fire statistics you ought to know in White Marsh MD
Heating fire statistics for the United States
Heating appliance related fires are the leading cause in fire related deaths and causes of home fires. Some people are very aware of the dangers of home heating appliances and take great care to make sure they are watched after properly – other people think itll never happen to them. Hopefully these statistics will help reinforce the idea of protecting your home against home heating appliance fires.
- Heating fires are the second leading cause of home fires.**
- Fixed and portable space heaters, including wood stoves, are involved in 74 percent of fire-related deaths.**
- Nearly half of American families use alternative heating sources such as space heaters, fireplaces, or wood/coal stoves to stay warm.*
- Each year over 200 people die from carbon monoxide produced by fuel burning appliances in the home including furnaces, ranges, water heaters and room heaters.***
- The number of home fires the American Red Cross has responded to has risen 10% since 2000.*
- Only 26 percent of families have actually developed and practiced a home fire escape plan.*
- Eighty percent of Americans don’t realize that home fires are the single most common disaster across the nation.*
- Having a working smoke alarm reduces one’s chances of dying in a fire by nearly half.**
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call us at 410-529-1664
About SERVPRO of Perry Hall White Marsh
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.