What to do if there may be a tornado in Kingsville MD
What to do to prepare for a tornado that may be in Kingsville md 6/5/2017
- During any storm, listen to local news or a NOAA Weather Radio to stay informed about watches and warnings.
- Know your community’s warning system. Communities have different ways of warning residents about tornadoes, with many having sirens intended for outdoor warning purposes.
- Pick a safe room in your home where household members and pets may gather during a tornado. This should be a basement, storm cellar or an interior room on the lowest floor with no windows.
- Practice periodic tornado drills so that everyone knows what to do if a tornado is approaching.
- Consider having your safe room reinforced. Plans for reinforcing an interior room to provide better protection can be found on the FEMA Web site at http://www.fema.gov/ plan/prevent/rms/rmsp453.shtm.
- Prepare for high winds by removing diseased and damaged limbs from trees.
- Move or secure lawn furniture, trash cans, hanging plants or anything else that can be picked up by the wind and become a projectile.
Watch for tornado danger signs:
- Dark, often greenish clouds—a phenomenon caused by hail
- Wall cloud—an isolated lowering of the base of a thunderstorm
- Cloud of debris
- Large hail
- Funnel cloud—a visible rotating extension of the cloud base
- Roaring noise
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 410-529-1664
About SERVPRO of Perry Hall White Marsh
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.