8 Statistics about home fires to help find fire hazards in your White Marsh Maryland home
Statistics about fires you may not have heard before. Nobody wants to think about the possibility of a fire taking place in their home or business but its always better to be informed and to look out for potential causes. Here are 8 statistics about home fires to help you look out for potential fire hazards in your White Marsh Maryland home.
- A study by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) found that homes with older wiring face an increased risk of electrical wiring fire.
- Electrical failures were factors in 13% of home fires.
- 7% of fatal home smoking fire victims whose smoking materials started the fire were using medical oxygen.
- More than one-third of home candle fires started in bedrooms.
- 12% of the home candle fires occurred in December.
- The top three days for home candle fires were Christmas, New Year’s Day, and Christmas Eve.
- It doesn’t matter whether the damage effects one room, multiple rooms, or an entire structure; the homeowner, property owner, property manager, and/or tenants feel a need to regain control.
- Research shows that most individuals experiencing a loss feel violated, invaded or “robbed” of their life as they know it.
SERVPRO of Perry Hall White Marsh is your local SERVPRO for the northeastern baltimore county area. We go wherever we are called, and if you are too far we will locate another SERVPRO for you! The benefit of using a SERVPRO franchise is that we are all approved by all insurance companies, and all billing is pre-approved by your Insurance claims adjuster!