Lightning Safety Tips for Nottingham Maryland.
Although lightning can stirke anytime, the chance for lightning increases in the summer months. Stay safe with these basic tips!
- Have a lightning safety plan, and cancel/postpone outdoor activities if thunderstorms are expected.
- if you get caught outside, avoid high ground, open space, and metal objects including electric wires, fences, etc. Seek shelter in a substantial building or a fully enclosed metal vehicle
- If you are indoors, stay away from doors and windows. Do not use the telephone. Consider unplugging computers, power tools, and T.V. sets. Lightning may strike exterior electric/phone lines which may induce shock to inside equipment.
About SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh
SERVPRO of Perry Hall White Marsh is part of a network of over 1,700 franchises, who are all ready to help in the event of a fire, water or mold loss. SERVPRO of Perry Hall White Marsh has been serving the communities of the north easter Baltimore county region since 2001 and are approved by all insurance companies.
Carney Maryland business owners, disasters happen: learn how to prepare.
As a Carney Maryland business owner, or property manager, you are a leader in your community and have the opportunity to set an exampled for your employees, customers and community to follow.
This year for National Preparedness Month, join your community in preparing for emergencies and disasters of all types, and leading efforts to encourage the community as a whole to become more prepared. "disasters happen" and not only devastate individuals and neighborhoods, but entire communities, not to mention businesses of ALL sizes!
As an employer in your community, having a business continuity plan is your best defense against a disaster. A business continuity plan protects the business, its employees, its infrastructure and maximizes the chances and speed of recovery after a disaster strikes.
Don't know where to start? Give SERVPRO of Perry Hall / White Marsh a call or your local SERVPRO and we will get you started (for free!).
ABOUT SERVPRO of Perry Hall / White Marsh
SERVPRO of Perry Hall / White Marsh has been serving commercial properties all over the Overlea, Fullerton Parkville Carney area for over 17 years. We are a nationally ranked emergency restoration company, that is family owned and approved by all insurance companies. Please give us a call at 410-529-1664
The Fema App: download to protect your Perry Hall family and business!
Be prepared to weather the storm with the FEMA App. This App allows you to get National Weather Service alerts for up to five locations to keep you informed on-the-go. It also has information on what to do before, during and after disasters! In the midst of an emergency, the app can give you directions to open shelters nearby, help you location someone to talk to at the Disaster Recovery Center, and let you share images of damage and recovery efforts to help first responders and emergency managers.
This app is available for download for iOS (apple) and Android at the Apple Store and Google Play Store
7 Tips to prevent mold in your Rosedale Maryland home.
Prompt mitagation is vital to avoid mold growth, which can be visible in as little as 24-48 hours under certain conditions.
Here are 7 tips we recommend to prevent Mold growth in your Rosedale Maryland home.
- Keep Humidity between 30-60 percent.
- Provide for proper drainage away from building foundations.
- Regularly inspect plumbing leaks and appliances for leaks.
- Keep gutters and drains clear of debris.
- Inspect the roof, windows and other areas where water might enter the building and perform necessary maintenance
- Respond to all water intrusions immediately.
- Contact SERVPRO of Perry Hall / White Marsh or your local SERVPRO franchise for assistance after a water damage or if you discover mold.
ABOUT SERVPRO of Perry Hall / White Marsh
SERVPRO of Perry Hall / White Marsh has been serving the community since 2001. This family owned and operated franchise is certified by the IICRC and approved by all insurance companies. For questions or for more information, please call 410-529-1664 and we will gladly help you out!
Stats on severe weather and how to set an example to your peers in Parkville Carney Maryland
Severe weather can happen in any time, anywhere. Each year Americans cope with the average of the following intense storms
- 10,000 severe thunderstorms
- 5000 flash floods or floods
- 1300 tornadoes
- 2 land-falling deadly hurricanes
Carney Maryland, did you know...
Approximately 98% of all presidentially declared disasters are weather related, leading to about 650 deaths PER YEAR and nearly 15 billion in damage. Knowing your risk of severe weather, taking action and being an example are just a few steps you can take to be better prepared to save your life and assist in saving the lives of others
Know your risk. The first step to becoming weather ready is to understand the type of hazardous weather that can affect where you live and work, and how the weather could impact you, your business, and your family. Check the weather forecast regularly, obtain a NOAA Weather Radio, and learn about Wireless Emergency Alerts. Severe weather comes in many forms, and your shelter plan should include all types of local hazards.
Take Action. Take the next step in severe weather preparedness by creating an emergency communication plan for: work, family, and home. Put together or purchase and emergency ready kit. Keep important papers and valuables in a safe place.
Be an Example. Once you have taken actions to prepare for severe weather, share your story with co-workers, family friends or on facebook or twitter. Your preparedness story will inspire others.
Rosedale Property managers: This is what you do before help arrives to your clean-water water damage
When your Rosedale Maryland property suffers from a water damage, its critical to know the difference between different levels of contaminated water. There are 3 classes of water, Clean, Gray and Black.
Clean water: Clean water is water from a broken pipe, water from a hot water heater, or sink. The time frame for a clean water water damage is limited as if it sits for longer than 24 hours it is then considered gray water.
Here is a list of precautions to take to protect your tenants and their personal belongings from a clean source water damage until help arrives.
- Shut off the water source if possible or contact a qualified professional to do so.
- Turn off the circuit breakers for wet areas of the building if access to the power distribution panel is safe from potential electric shock
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions to allow a more even drying.
- move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other valuable items that may be sensitive to moisture to a safe place
- Do not leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet as they may cause staining
- Do not use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water as there is potential for electrical shock or causing damage to the vacuum cleaner
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet; do not enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
When you have a water damage, don't leave your property to chance. Call SERVPRO of Perry Hall White Marsh. We are certified in Water damage, biohazard clean up and mold remediations. We also accept all insurance companies and are located in Rosedale, right on yellowbrick road.Call 410-529-1664 for more details.
Managing Mold: Personal property and other mold infested materials in your Towson Maryland Home.
So you have structural mold and you have mold damage on your personal property? SERVPRO of Perry Hall / White Marsh understands mold, mold growth and have the training and equipment to remediate mold in your home or business. This is what SERVPRO of Perry Hall / White Marsh can do for you to restore your mold infected belongings:
Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials and Belongings:
The process of removing mold from belongings and materials depends on the severity of mold growth, and the type of surface on which the mold appears. Professional-grade anti-fungal and anti-microbial treatments will be used to eliminate mold colonies and help prevent new colonies from forming (yes, colonies). However if the material is porous, such as drywall, and flooring then it may be necessary to be removed in order to re-mediate the mold, and most importantly to keep mold from returning. Don't worry, we can reinstall the drywall, baseboard, carpet, and flooring when the process is complete.
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh will clean your furniture, decorative items, and curtains as well as other restore-able items affected by mold. We have ultrasonic machines which can gently remove, kill and detail clean the nooks and crannies out of every knick-knack in your home. On top of that, we will use a variety of cleaning and sterilization techniques as well as deodorize. Anything that cannot be restored will be brought to the homeowner or tenants attention and the homeowner can sign off on its disposal if they choose so. If you'd rather not throw it away - don't worry, we have a form for that too.
To start the mold remediation process, please call SERVPRO of Perry Hall / White Marsh (Baltimore County, Maryland) at 410-529-1664 and we will help get you started!
Towson Maryland: Safety tips when encountering flood waters (inside and outside your home)
Safety tips when encountering flood waters (inside and outside your home)
- Stay away from flood waters – if you come up on a flowing stream where the water is above your ankles, stop and turn around. 6 inches of water can sweep you off your feet.
- If you approach a flooded road while driving, turn around and go another way. If you are caught on a flooding road and waters are rising rapidly around you, get out of the car quickly and move to higher ground. Most cars can be swept away in less than 2 feet of water
- Keep children out of the water. They are curious and lack judgment about running or contaminated water.
- If a flood strikes your home or business, contact SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh immediately! Even minor floods have the potential to cause MAJOR damage and if not treated properly, can result in mold growth.
- SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh is prepared to handle any sized disaster, when fire and water take control of your life, SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh will help you take it back and is approved by all insurance companies
About SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
What SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh does when responding to a multi-unit Carney Maryland apartment loss
Carney Property managers, as you may already know the first 24 hours following a water damage are the most important in preventing secondary or permanent damage to your facility. Within 4 hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh franchise professional will be on site to help ensure water damage is handled by completing the following steps
Inspection – SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh will inspect all affected areas to determine the extent of water damage and will review the inspection with you to answer any questions before beginning work.
Emergency service- SERVPRO of Perry Hall will begin by extracting the excess water and preparing the area for drying and take steps to help protect your business as well as the personal belongings and other contents through the renter’s insurance of each tenant. They will explain the needed emergency services to you as well as the tenant, step by step
Monitoring-To help ensure all belongings are dried to appropriate industry standards, SERVPRO will monitor the drying process, and updates will be consistently communicated with you
Restoration- SERVPRO will reinstall carpets, and clean affected areas of your property as well as arrange for reinstallation of walls and baseboard. A final walk through will be conducted with you to help ensure the property was restored to preloss conditions
About SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh
SERVPRO of Perry Hall/White Marsh specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. We are located in Rosedale, Maryland, right on Yellow Brick road (yes Dorothy is our neighbor) and are able to help when disaster strikes!
4 signs of mold to watch out for in your Rossville Maryland Home
SERVPRO of Perry Hall / White Marsh understands that some Rossville Maryland homeowners prefer to clean water damages themselves. What many homeowners and property managers do not realize is professional, nationally ranked ,water damage specialist such as SERVPRO of Perry Hall / White Marsh not only restore the water damage but take measures to prevent mold. Here are four signs to look out for if you have recently cleaned your own water damage.
- Strong musty odors
- Excessive humidity
- reoccurring water damage or signs of it
- presence of visible mold
SERVPRO of Perry Hall / White Marsh understands and we are certified to clean mold and can create a plan with a qualified indoor Air Quality/Environmental Professional, and the diligence of the homeowner to keep it from coming back.
SERVPRO of Perry Hall / White Marsh has been serving Baltimore county and parts of baltimore city since 2001. We are certified mold remediation, and water damage restoration and we are approved by all insurance companies! We are also located right in Rosedale, off Yellow brick road!